View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 09:13 AM

Vehicle: 740/745 D24T will be mine again soon
Default Car is in my possession now

I have my 740/745! This is the one that was on Craig's List in Carson City at the "Experience Cars" lot. I know there was some interest in it because the owner said he had back-up offers.

The vehicle is in amazing condition. It drives smooth and solid, the overdrive works correctly, it looks like the head has had recent work, the injection pump looks very good and may have been rebuilt in the recent past, the coolant hoses look near new, etc. etc. etc. There was a receipt in the the glovebox for a $900 brake job in January 2011 done by a Volvo dealership in San Francisco. All in all a very well taken care of car.

There's a few dents in the body and the sunroof is from a different car and the wrong color but those are minor concerns for me.

Some things needing immediate attention: the cold start thermostat doesn't work, blinker switch is broken off, new front seats (I've already got a very good set from a Pick-n-Pull vehicle), a/c compressor needs a belt and maybe more, small vacuum hose leak at the firewall, heater controls don't work and I'll do a thorough inspection of all components and systems with fluid changes, etc.

1985 Volvo 745 Wagon 2.4TD (sold but still maintain it)
1987 VW Quantum Syncro 2.2 (converting to 2.0TD)
1996 TDI Passat
1997 Chevy 3/4 ton 6.5TD
2006 V10 TDI Touareg

Last edited by Nevadan; 03-01-2013 at 09:23 AM.