Thread: IP setting
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks 740TG, I liked this part:

Quote from: libbybapa on February 07, 2009, 03:57:31 PM
I can appreciate the "maximum fueling" concept, but it's not the approach I take even if I want max power. My approach is to turn the max fuel screw in until it smokes a bit when floored off boost. Then adjust the starwheel, pin stop ("smoke screw" in the initial pic) and boost pin rotation in order to achieve a similar amount of smoke across all of the boost pressures the engine experiences, e.g. if the smoke clears as boost comes up then go for a more aggressive slope or lower the starwheel. Once a similar smokescreen occurs throughout the range of boost, then turn the max fuel screw in or out to increase or decrease all of the fueling across the board. Just turning the boost pin to max or lowering starwheel to max can result in excessive smoke/EGTs at certain times and in essence hurting max performance of other times when the fueling is less. Rotating the pin to more aggressive and dropping the starwheel can result in excessive EGTs at inopportune times, e.g. hill climbing. If going for an unequal fueling, I would actually prefer to see excessive smoke off boost and then clear on boost as it will spool the turbo faster and result in lower max power EGTs.

Andrew