View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 10:55 PM

I'm by no means particularly knowledgable with extracting more power, but certainly there is a lot that can be done.

Starters I would think that intercooler should be job 1, as it'll help keep inlet temperatures down, and that's going to have a knock on effect on exhaust gas temperatures.

I would think modding the pump a little should be your next call. Search on the web for what people do with the pumps in Volkswagen golf/rabbit (not sure of you're in us?). Max fuel screw is the easiest adjustment but I found that modding the govenor and LDA and setting the injection advance right made a better difference with less smoke off boost.

Mine came with an intercooler to begin with (940 engine) so I've only done the pump mods so far, and it feels as quick if not slightly quicker than our V70 TDI.

If you want to go further then MBC and a boost gauge means you could run more boost and then there's maybe another 20hp maybe available, I think, as long as your head gasket is good.

You could go further. ARP studs and MLS head gaskets to handle more boost, different turbo/s, water injection etc but I definitly can't tell you about that as I have no intention of doing that to my engine.

As for using an NA manifold, I think I've heard people doing that but I don't know the reasons. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will tell you!

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your aims.

Richard