View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 03:03 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdrives View Post
Looking for:
manual throttle spool
Explain a little more here, by manual you mean for manual trans? The throttle spools are the same for manual/automatic but different for w/cruise and without. Needing to replace a failing part or looking for the parts to add cruise?

Quote:
cruise control module (or whatever hardware is necessary to make cruise work, I can figure out wiring/relays)
These are shared with gas cars except for the cruise servo/cable/spool parts on the IP itself, your best bet may be to find a complete JY car or someone who's parting and get all the pieces together (vacuum pump under the hood, control unit and pedal switch/vacuum valves under dash, control stalk).

Quote:
altitude compensation switch (two spade connector unmarked box to left of GP relay)
Have a few of these but I would have to dig for them which would take a while. In the meantime, if the switch is broken off the body which is common, you can jumper the two wires together, I sometimes do this and remove the switch completely, along with the EGR control relay next to it on that bracket, and get rid of the whole bracket to clean it up. With some additional static timing advance the function doesn't help and if it fails you get excessive advance and resulting problems. Sometimes easiest to can the whole system unless you're trying to keep it factory original. If so, all yours.

Last edited by v8volvo; 03-15-2017 at 03:24 PM.