Thread: Volvo cruise...
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 07:36 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Sounds great!

April 25th or 26th would be my choice as well. As far as Volvo diesels only -- we could do that, or we could open it up to others as well -- what do y'all think? If we wanted to get a larger group together, we could consider inviting other RWD Volvo groups, or VW diesel groups (since our cars fall into both of those circles ), or others -- ideas?

A larger group might involve more organizing and logistics, especially if it were large enough that it became difficult for us to be able to drop into a restaurant or brew pub and get enough seats, etc. If we're gonna be 10+ people it might be good to pick out some stopping points on the route ahead of time and make reservations, etc if we want to have a lunch stop. But it would be fun to have a good sized convoy... maybe we should see how many of our folks want to join us first, and then decide from there?

As far as route length; that's a beautiful loop but IMO 300+ miles might be a lot for one day, especially considering that many of us would have to drive a ways to get to and from the meeting point as well, before and after the cruise, and we'd want to build in time for stopping along the way too. I think Olympia sounds like a good starting point since that's far enough south that some Portland folks could join us also. My vote would be to start there and then do a loop that is slightly more compact, to allow plenty of time for photo ops, eating/drinking, hanging out, etc during the drive. However, I'm up for anything really, as long as it involves nice roads and a chance to find some good food and a beer or two along the way.

Thanks for organizing -- let's make this happen!

Last edited by v8volvo; 02-24-2015 at 07:39 AM.