View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to kcfoxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anders View Post
Did you get the bellhousing on ebay? I saw one listed for the D24/D24T engines but I think it was for the M90 transmission?
I did... and that's probably why it doesn't look like it will mate up to the M46 I have in storage. *explicative*

I don't know what to do now....

For those who don't know I have the engine on a stand and intend to get it bored out before I reassemble (aiming for Dec 1 to order .50mm overbore pistons, once they arrive I will send them and the block off to a lock machinist to do the work).

Head appears to be in OK shape (no cracks). I've acquired a turbo (I've completely lost my mind)....and it of course needs to be rebuilt.

I pickup my injectors from the diesel shop this week, 4 of the 6 required rebuilding. Shop can also do turbos....lucky me. I do have an exhaust manifold for the turbo, and am looking at intercooler options.

Rambling... can I use the remote oil filter/oil cooler off a standard turbo redblock work? I read that the redblock can use the diesel flters ... so I don't see why that wouldn't work... how critical is oil cooling (oil to air) on turbo cars? I know the factory D24T had one. My car was an automatic, my radiator has the connectors for the ATF to be cooled in the radiator... could/should I use this for the oil cooler? Too much strain on the pump? I imagine it would add a few qts of oil to the system... perhaps a smaller OTA cooler located on the drivers side is a wiser move...?

I read that I can put a T fitting into the oil pressure sending unit and route the "oiling" line to the turbo from that. Thoughts?

I realize I'm a bit ahead of myself given I have a stripped down block right now... but I'd like to get as much together as possible.

My short list now includes:
Flywheel
Bell housing
Sanity

Last edited by kcfoxie; 11-07-2012 at 07:53 PM.