View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 05:22 AM
Owner/admin

Yes, I'm talking about mounting behind the air dam or spoiler where the fog lights are. You could run one pipe up through the plate that sits below the air box (mine is gone, there is lots of space). I may route both through there, since the turbo and minfold inlet are on the same side.

The pump isn't a limiting factor yet... I think the HG is going to give out before I can max it out. With the new turbo, and the pump adjusted, I have enough fuel to push 25psi easily. No way the engine will handle that though. I haven't even removed the collar on the fuel screw yet. If more fuel was needed, next for me would be injectors and a lift pump. The stock head can supply plenty of fuel with a decent lift pump pushing it in. Even at 15lbs of boost with the new turbo, there is still excessive fuel, and a decent amount of smoke. At my current fueling, I would need probably 20psi to clean it up.

I'm not monitoring oil or exhaust temp at this point, I plan to add an EGT guage, but I know better than to lay into it for a long period of time on the highway or something without an EGT gauge to watch. Thats when you really build some heat. Same goes with the oil, between the stock cooler, and the 8 quarts that are in this thing, I doubt I'm getting it too hot. I just don't run it that hard all the time. I get into it here and there for fun, but otherwise I'm just cruising. I don't live in an area full of mountains to climb, so I'm thinking its fine.

Giles is a guy in canada that builds hotrod VE pumps. Pretty much he is swapping either a larger head and rotor, and or a higher lift cam plate into the pump for more fuel flow potential. There are other adjustments that are made, but they are all things that are do it yourself friendly.

Jason

Back again with a '84 760 GLE D24T/ZF

SOLD but not forgotten! 1984
760 Sedan, built D24Tic/ T-5 swapped

My engine build: http://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?t...t=engine+build
T-5 swap: http://d24t.com/showthread.php?399-W...to-quot-w-pics!