View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 06:46 AM

Vehicle: 83 245 D24T
Default Oil Drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by anders View Post
Update!
So I ran into problems with oil drain line even with the "up" pipe, I did not get the proper slope for the drain. If I would of welded in a fitting on front of the pan on the passenger side it would work. So.. the turbo is bolted directly to the manifold now and I will be ordering a turbowerx oil scavenge pump, that along with a wolstentech TDR to run the pump 30 seconds after shut down. It is going together slowly but it is getting there!
I have my turbo in the stock location on my 240 and have welded a 10 AN bung on the oil pan aft of the turbo. Its a used turbo and its leaking out the ass end of it. Drain line or turbo? I don't know at this point. The drain line does drain below the oil level, but I work on 1.8T VWs all the time and the oil drains into the pan just above the oil pain drain plug. Deffienately below the oil level. So I thought what the hell and piped mine in below the oil level as well on the 245. VW 1.8 Turbo engines do seem to eat turbo oil seals so Im wondering about a rebuilt turbo or do I need to get a scavenge pump as well.

Dennis