View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Yeah, that would have been me. I liked to watch people trying to figure out what that plate meant when they were driving behind the car.... one time on a long trip, I pulled off the highway at a rest area and another car pulled in behind me, rolled down the window, and asked what the hell the plate meant... they had been driving behind me for the last 20 minutes trying to figure it out! Either you know it or you don't... You were probably one of the few people who saw it on the road and actually knew what it was.

Too bad we were not able to link up at that time, but I know I did write down my electrical connections somewhere, I'll see if I can track those down this weekend. On mine rather than cutting wires, I left the diesel engine harness alone, opened up the multi-connector for the body harness on the drivers side inner fender, and reconfigured the pins in the connector so that it had the right wires in the right places to just plug right into the diesel harness. Easy to do once I figured out where everything needed to be, and made it look more or less stock which is what I was going for. The gasser has a lot more wires overall than the diesel of course, because of the ignition and injection systems, but there are only 6 or so IIRC that are crucial, the rest you can just eliminate.

George