Thread: IP Help
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 07:53 AM

Default IP help

The “super pump” (http://d24t.com/showthread.php?t=1646) has 12mm elements (sorry, I am still learning about these components)

The getting it to run correctly does mean that it doesn’t have the power it should with the mods I have done. It was blowing TONS of black smoke. Also, on one trip, after a long grade, she started slowly losing power while increasing the black smoke. When this happened, I was unable to build any boost. It would go up to about 4psi and then it just started decreasing and going negative...

She starts right up, no problem. I did have an issue starting, but I found an air leak at the input banjo fitting and at the filter outlet. Once that was fixed, it started immediately.

I set the pump to the stock setting, as recommended by the pump supplier, and only adjusted it a few degrees either way while experimenting.

Basically, I was having too much smoke, too high EGT’s, too low boost (Target was 25 and most often it would only hit 15), and it seemed to not have the power it should. Since the pump and injectors were the only used parts I used, I decided to pull the pump and injectors and have them rebuilt at the Bosch guys locally. I was told that this pump is from a Penta and will only put out 89 hp. I don’t know if that is for the stock internals, or...

Phil