View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo View Post
At the risk of reopening an old thread...

I need to replace the PS bracket on my 1982 D24-powered 245 Wagon. I believe I have found a replacement bracket.

This looks like a fairly simple replacement; can anybody confirm that it can be done without disconnecting the pump from the system?

If it is a simple unbolt, replace bracket and reassemble I'll likely do it myself. If I need to drain and refill 5he system, I’ll get it to the shop.

While I’m asking questions... I see that the rubber bushings are $8.75, aftermarket poly bushings are $3, or aftermarket rubber for $1.50. Any feedback on poly vs rubber, or OEM vs aftermarket?

Many thanks in advance...
Thanks to all for your replies and help.

I got lucky and sourced a new-old-stock Volvo bracket from eBay ($95) and some OEM bushings. Then had a local Indie shop do the work.

The bracket had fractured just below the top two bolts (that go into the head) and above the third bolt. That third bolt had broken off at the threads; the top was missing and the threads were left.

The smaller bolt at the bottom of the bracket (the "ear") was found very loose -- backed off several turns. But the "ear" was not broken.

I'm not sure what to make of the broken/loose bolts.

Is the fractured bracket worth keeping for potential weld repair if needed at a future date?

I'll try to upload some pix.

Thanks again to all that replied.

-Tom in SoCal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Top.jpg (709.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Bottom.jpg (645.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Ear.jpg (544.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Fracture.jpg (708.4 KB, 9 views)