View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 03:53 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD

Your original write-up about the no-start/hard-start problem describes *exactly what was happening with mine a few years ago, when 3 of 6 glowplugs suddenly went bad. They were the good Bosch units but probably got tired, idk. If it happens again in the future, I will only use the Bosch Duratherm again.

Getting that clear fuel line replaced is always a good idea. I have been hating to see the old, discolored (fully dark brown) hose between the filter and the IP, so I fixed it today.
Thanks for the `quick project` idea... although I will have to redo it asap because I used vinyl clear tubing, that, I`m sure, is not tolerating diesel for too long.

BTW, where to get the proper, CLEAR, diesel rated hose from?
I see tons of similar items all over the web, but no sellers mention diesel fuel.

It took some time to do this fix, bc the old fuel line lost all of its flexibility, completely hardened, became brittle so it did not give up easily.
I decided to not risk disturbing the pump AND hurting, scratching, denting the banjo nipples by using tools; so I removed both fittings with the hose. After that, I simply torched the old hose endings a lot until I could pull them right off.

It`s nice to see green diesel (without bubbles) in the clear hose! Those banjos need a good cleaning too, I`ll do it next time, when I replace a section of rubber fuel hose junction under the car.
I just want to get diesel rated tubing now... any idea?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ip fuel hose.jpg (15.0 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by RedArrow; 03-05-2017 at 05:10 PM.