View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 05:26 AM

Default New member from London, England

Hello all
I have a 1990 740 24T manual transmission (4 speed plus overdrive) estate (station wagon). I just sold a petrol auto 740 estate to buy this one and it may be a good car but bad glow plugs, mis-adjusted injection timing etc managed to disguise this...! This is only the third Volvo I have had in 36 years of driving and about 120 cars - I have recently had mainly Mercedes (123 series) but needs must since I got made redundant and am putting my kids through school etc...
I am slowly putting it right but need a couple of parts:
An annoying rattle made me investigate and find the that bracket that goes from the exhaust downpipe to the bellhousing bolts (I think) is missing some of its section - anyone got one please?
Also, the cold start valve is not doing anything, not moving hot or cold. - anyone got one?

And I need an O/S/F indicator and sidelight lens as mine is broken.

Also a towbar if it is cheap enough - I left a good towbar on the last car and thought that this one would definitely come with a towbar but it must be one of the only Volvo estates in the world to have had a towbar fitted and then removed, the wiring and flasher (turn signal) warning lamp are still there...

I can collect parts in London area, Suffolk or East Yorkshire or we can arrange by post?
Thank you
Simon
+44 (0)7896 921115 mobile