View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
What a story! Which lookout on Mulholland?

The relay may have been part of a workaround manual-operated glowplug control. Did you find any extra "buttons" on or near the dashboard?

Inspect well the fuel hoses to the fuel filter and filter to Injection Pump (IP) for dry rot and/or loose connections. Also all the heater/coolant hoses running along the engine block. Make sure you have a strong battery and charger for the starting attempt. I recently had one quickly jump to life after sitting 2-3 years.
The lookout right before you get to Kanan on Mulholland Hwy. I never knew there was a dirt road there.

I took a second look at the wiring that was installed. It took battery power to a regular relay, then signal from what I think is the fuel cut off switch. Then all that was connected to a 3 wire module that had two wires sent to a voltage regulator that was hanging next to the new looking alternator with its own voltage regulator. I pulled it all off. It was put together with just crimp connectors and the module said nothing but made in china. And I found no switches to the passenger compartment.

I plan on replacing the coolant hoses, coolant, oil, fuel lines, fuel filter, fuel and installing a brand new battery asap before I start it. Then immediately bring it home and do a timing belt/ water pump. A few years ago I got a 245 diesel started after sitting along time with the help of a member on here, 745 TurboGreasel. It had a manual so we dragged it behind a truck and it ran.

This car had boxes of old injectors and glow plugs in the trunk so its safe to say six years ago they were all replaced with new.

88 Cbr 600 F1

86 JS 550