View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 04:45 PM

I finally got around to finishing adding the intercooling and air filter, along with the associated piping.

I checked what boost I am getting with a gauge, and I can easily get a solid 10 psi. If I push it, I can get 12 or 13 close to redline. All my pipes stayed together at this pressure, and my intercooler seems to work well (based on feeling the difference between the inlet and outlet pipe temperatures).

But now a little rework has to be completed.. I was losing transmission fluid out the rear by the seal. This came from when I had to move the shifter back. I made a plate to block the original mount area, and popped out a plug also extending the linkage. The plate had a new mount for the shifter on it. Then fluid would pool in the area where the shifter used to be, and come out where the extended linkage was. Really no seal can be made, since the linkage moves in/out, as well as swings back and forth.

My plan of attack is to remove the tail housing and build a small box to retain the fluid and drain it back to the trans. I already removed the driveshaft and crossmember that holds the trans so I could lower it and remove the tail housing.

I attached a pic.

You can see the fluid in the area where the shifter used to be, and the hole where it comes out by the extended linkage. The plate I made is on the jack. Once I remove the tail housing, I'll be able to mock up the box and fabricate it from aluminum probably. Sealing will be with RTV. I'm not concerned about it if it drips, right now it will leave a line of trans fluid on the road when I accelerate. Can't have that!

Spenser
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150923_194801854.jpg (98.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20151008_165417752.jpg (101.8 KB, 21 views)