View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:00 PM

On my cyl head, there is a little copper tube that I assume is a press fit into an oil feed drilling. It is about 2 mm in thickness and comes up out of the head (inside the cam cover) just to the side of where the vac pump pushrod comes through the wall of the head. There is a 90 deg bend in it so that the end of it sits above the exposed length of the pushrod between where it clears the head wall and contacts the cam lobe.

There is a small hole drilled in the underside of the horizontal part that sprays (dribbles?) oil onto the pushrod to keep it lubricated.

At some point in this engines history, the copper tube had got knocked flat back against the side of the head and a bit to one side so I think the oil was missing the pushrod.

I levered it out away from the head wall a bit, which had the effect of pointing the hole more towards the side of the head, and straightened it up so the outlet hole lined up with the centreline of the pushrod.

Not sure if it was this that swung it but I still have good vacuum and only rarely get 'I need my tappets adjusting' noises!

Boots.

Last edited by Boots; 01-28-2013 at 12:07 PM.