View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reg View Post
would a tank unit from a gasser with the little pre pump be able to flow enough fuel? probly simpler to just splice in parts shop one under the floor pan though. might need one for mine as wont pull full revs these days (since experimenting running waste oil)
Not likely a good choice. Most intank pumps are higher pressure and they , by design are supposed to be cooled by sumbersion ( they dissapate heat with the fuel contact all around in free air they get hot ) and you would have a hard time getting a pre filter in front of it that you could clean or replace. You can pop a simple inline filter before a parts store cube pump to keep crud out of it and they are cheap and easily replacable ( or you can but the mercedes prefilters in 3 packs at a lot of places ) THose little Facet cube pumpsare only about $35 ( they are sold under a few different names at various places, they look like this They are very efficient little pumps. Only time I've ever had one fail is when I rigged one on an old bed tank on a truck and forgot to plumb in a pre filter and locked it with rust, my fault, I should have known better, but got in a hurry.