View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 08:57 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default Bosch injector tester for the vw idi injectors

I would love to know whether or not the cheapo version can handle 30-40 injectors or even just one set before failing somewhere along the route.

Maybe it would function for a while but I definitely prefer a keeper device instead of a HF-style one-time use product.

Maybe someone here on this forum have used such cheaper (above mentioned ebay pop tester) versions before?

Thank you to anyone who could share about what exactly they use(d).

Thank you Ngoma for the quick reply and thoughtful search for the informative links. I will have a lot to read tomorrow.. I already read on one of those sites that some diy guys had real challenges building (and using) them, even an accident had happened...

Hopefully it is a matter of time until a tester like yours shows up somewhere for sale for a reasonable price.

Your tester looks really good, that is exactly what I was looking for when I searched for one made by Bosch.

When I find the tool, I will be on the hunt for the little shims that adjust the pressures..
I'm glad I saw Mr Bergsma's site does have 2 sizes available offered in 8-packs because I was not able to locate shims for sale anywhere, maybe I did not search at the right places.

Another question for later would be whether or not to use any sealant/sealing 'tape' for the threads of the injector halves. Some injectors I took apart did have a long strip of some substance similar to teflon tape or like the ones plumbers use for gas leaks. I will research this to see if I should use them or not...

I think this might be the container you will need to refresh the trusty retro tool:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bosc...27562213404282

Last edited by RedArrow; 01-08-2023 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Adding info and details