View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 07:21 AM

Vehicle: 1985 Volvo 745
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArrow View Post
Welcome to the forum! For some reason our members are much less active than before. But, You'll find great info here and answers to most of your questions using the advanced search function.
Thank you! I agree that there is a lot of helpful information on the forum, unfortunately some pictures are no more hosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
Good that you have the greenbook. There you will find the specs required for deciding which parts need replacing or overhauled. It is a matter of measurement and inspection. Otherwise how do you know you will need crankshaft bearing, valve, connecting rod bearings, etc.? The bottom end on these engines are usually robust. The more common problems are head warpage from overheating, piston/valve collision from broken timing belt or improper repair (insufficient tightening of crankshaft pulley).

What are the symptoms that make you think you need a complete overhaul? I see lots of black smoke in the first photo, but that might be caused by incorrect IP tuning or timing.

ZF 4HP22L is a good match for the D24T. M46 can get better fuel economy, but would require D24T style bellhousing, pilot brg., clutch, pressure plate, throwout brg., etc. And pedals, cable, mount, driveshaft. And shifter, shifter cage, rubber and leather boots, OD wiring and relay.

If the automatic is working good I would leave it in there.
Hello & thanks for the info!

I may keep the automatic transmission for a while, but i'm still interested to swap it manual with a m46. What about the transmission mount, is the same as the one on a 740 gasser?

I will be looking to buy these parts:
- N/A intake
- D24T bellhousing
- Flywheel
- http://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts...tch-ring/2201/

if anyone have those parts for sale please PM me

Last edited by volvo_d24t; 12-01-2017 at 07:23 AM.