View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper109 View Post
Interesting that you are using the electric fan. I have looked at doing that on my 92 conversion.
I still have the turbo gas radiator which is a wee bit thinner than the diesel but I also have an intercooler in there thats not being used. The electric fan was standard in 92.

In order for it to fit, I will have to remove the mechanical fan pulley and shaft on the alternator bracket and get a shorter belt to run the power steering pump directly off the crankshaft.

My biggest problem is that the std cooling fan is controlled by the gas engine ECU so I would have to arrange a temp switch on the plumbing somewhere and the rad has no orts for a switch. It looks like you have a big fitting assembly in the top rad hose. Is that how you do it? What switch do you use?

It is also switched on by the a/c and I have preserved that system (not hooked up) although the a/c does not get enough cooling without the helper fan in front of the rad at present.

I presently just have the 1985 stock mechanical fan and shroud on the 92 rad.
Canning the a/c is not an option for me in SC.

Steve
The radiator Im using is from a 960, they are the same thickness and width as a 92+740/940 N/A gassers. The height of the 960 Rad is the same as the stock D24T and would go through the core support. The only difference with the 960 radiators like I said before is the overflow tank inlet on the cold side of the radiator. You would need to bypass it because there isn't one.

Here is the other modification would have to do with any of these gasser radiators. The bottom coolant hose will not reach with the lack of angle of the bottom outlet.

If you find one of these at the junkyard you want to grab the relay as well. You would find it on the right side behind the headlight. The housing I have holding my censor is from a Saab. You can get any censor from any part store. The E-fans are two speeds my censor is hooked up to high speed and that would be the white wire and I have my low speed on a switch on the dash and that is blue. I would recommend hooking up a inline 30 amp fuse. It's not to hard to wire up took me a good 30 minutes.

86-245 B230 366K
83-244 Turbo B21FT M46
72-145 B20 M40
77-245 B21ft project
78-242 B21f BW55 97K
79-242GT B21F M46 165K

Biodiesel Processor For Sale