View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 10:49 AM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril View Post
Any help on these will be immensely welcome!
What do you drive? What year? etc... because wiring diagrams are nicely available on internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril View Post
Headlight wipers should work when I press the wipers' stalk, together with the windshield wiper.
Both motors have a three cable chord: one is earth and the other two, well, positive and negative. But where to connect them?
Can you have someone test by multimeter while doing that? IDK if this helps, but on a 240, there was no separate switch for headlight wipers, they simply went on `automatically` every time when/if windshield wiper+water spraying was ON at the same time. This is how they got messed up later on, because headlight wipers went too `low` , too high (due to missing `stopper`&some missing trim) but they were still being activated every time the driver activated windshield wipers with water... As far as I remember, headlight wipers were ONLY `ON` when windshield spraying happened... `OFF` when ws wipers were on without water. Also, every time the headlight wipers were switched on, water got sprayed onto them. Maybe it had been re-wired in such way but this is how they worked on mine.
http://www.borton.com/nlavolvo.html

Last edited by RedArrow; 08-30-2014 at 04:23 PM.