View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 03:12 AM

Vehicle: Volvo 740 "A-Traktor" D24T converted from B230K -87
Default B230K > D24T conversion (Volvo 740 -87) UPDATED 07-29

UPDATED 07-09 14.

So heres one of my projects, currently working on a swedish "A-Traktor". Originally a B230K gasoline engine. But which i couldnt stand so i just HAD to switch it for a D24T!

Short explanation about Swedish A-Traktor.

Has to have only 1 passanger seat if not a whole sofa in.

Max 30 Km/h speed. speed redusced by adding a second gearbox, Old M40 from Volvo Amazon and Duett/PV are preferred.

Has to have a "loading platform".

and ofc a "orange triangle" at the back.

anyhow lets see some pictures!

These to engines, i found in a scrapyard, not many of these can you find, even less here in sweden. lucky for me the guy who own the scrapyard dont like internet too much which result in not registred on any website, so basicly no one knew that he had these engines, even less that he had 7 240/245 just standing there with D24s, and a 740 (i will come back to that later).

i bought the engines the same day i heard of them. game 150$ each for them, one turbo and one nonturbo. the nonturbo was missing oilpan (right name for it?) and the turbo engine was not working, or even "spinning" when trying to crank it, anyway i bought the for the pumps as both still had the "seal" on the pump and form what i understand they havent been mixaround with. also none was leaking at the back.

Turbo engine at the scrapyard

NonTurbo at the scrapyard

well as i knew i would have to buy a working one i started looking around,
posted on many facebook pages and looked at market websites. as soon a one came for sale they had already been bought, specially Turbo ones.
but after a month and a half i got i contact with a guy living in the town next to mine, about 15 miles. he had a 940 TDIC for sale with hydraliclifters. i got very intressted and starting asking the regular stuff, but when i asked if i could start the engine when we arrived so we could see it running, he became very nervous. so i ended up with me buying a nonturbo from him since i was able to see that one running, fully restored with new gaskets and glowplugs pistons etc.

so heres the engine a bought that i will be using, other ones will be for parts or maybe, Just maybe. pull on of them together to get one functioning.

seem to have been using somekind of aftermarket oilpressure or watertemp
thingy, i ordered a d24 original thingy.

this one i bought for 500$ idk if you think its pricy but here in sweden
its a good price.

3 D24s on a trailer, Do you even D24?

well now i started looking around for a oilfilter adapter, turned out my friend had one so i bought a whole set with turbomanifold and adapter and turbo intake. for 50$!

some pictures from the removal of the B230k and my 940 front conversion.

you can see i have changed the headlight holder on the left side.

Anyway this was me and one my projects, if you want to see more just tell me!

CHEERS!

Last edited by Nidarus; 09-07-2014 at 06:25 AM. Reason: fixed pictures.