View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 07:42 AM

i have to agree with everything you've said, and i can't wait to see mine on them either, but i'm going to force myself to! i have winter steelies anyway, so they'll be going on soon as i have a funny feeling we're going to have a very short autumn in England this year and go straight to winter very soon!

got to agree with the comment about the 'shape' of the wheel too, IMO hydras and the other one i can't remember the name of suit the shape of the early 700s best, while the galaxies and polaris look best on the later 900 series cars (that said i very nearly bought a set of galaxies this summer :P)

FYI: 205/55/R16 is the correct standard size for R16 on a 700 series, with either 195/60/R15 on alloys or 185/65/R15 on steels being the standard on R15s (i think). mine had 185 15s on the steelies when i first got it, but currently sits on 195/60/R15 on the Omegas that it's on at the moment. to my knowledge this is the correct sizings, and my speedo reads correct up to about 90MPH so I don't doubt this. i'm sure you could get maybe a 225 width on a 16x6.5, but obviously you'd have to go down to maybe a 50 or a 45 profile to keep the rolling radius correct. in theory i don't think there would be any clearance issues with this either

i do quite like the 850 t5 alloys (can't remember the name at the moment), and am thinking of trying to find a set for my mom's V70 maybe, but they would need spacers to correct the offset on a 700. still very chuffed with my finding these hydras though

what's the colour on that 760, it's really lovely!

Richard