View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 12:30 PM

Unhappy coolant hose failed, and my engine did die. :(

Okay need some help. 83 740, lower rad hose hit the crank, chewed through it while I was going down the freeway. Didn't let out any steam. Temp gauge never moved. Have been having problems with temp guage prior. Wish I could have fixed it, may have saved car. Anyway. So it starts getting down on power while I'm driving, then the temp gauge snaps to cold. Really fast. As soon as It did I pushed in the clutch, and the engine died. I tried bump starting It while I was still rolling. Tried it twice, first time it wouldn't turn over, second time it turned over but sounded like it had no compression. Ugh. So I freak out a little lol. Tow it home. Get there and here's all I've found so far, I don't have a garage or a place to work on it for now so this is just basic stuff. Checked timing belt, it appears okay. Now the pump belt confuses me. Its loose. Very loose. Like crazy loose. The pump has not moved from what I can tell. The cam is okay. At least both ends still seem connected lol. I'm about to pull the valve cover off. Let me know what you guys think is wrong. I will get it fixed just need to know what's wrong so I can start ordering parts. It sucks that it happened but I will fix it come hell or high water lol.