Thread: Losing power
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 08:57 PM

Vehicle: 83 245 D24T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oem1952 View Post
I could use some advice on my 1982 non turbo . It sat for a couple of years and I'm trying to revive it . I've replaced both belts and set the valves, now with the injection pump set at .80 the engine starts right up,runs smoothly with very little smoke . The problem is it won't climb a hill . It looses power and the temp gauge rises. Twice now on my drive home from work this has happened , and at exactly 5miles after climbing a hill it looses power and stalls I pop the clutch and it starts right up again . Driving around town on level ground at under 40 mph it's fine , peppy and doesn't overheat . Does this sound like a valve/timing issue or am I sucking air ? Any suggestions would be appreciated .
The fuel screen in the fuel tank can become clogged up. Mine was doing the same and I blew the line out with compressed air and that cleared it up.