View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 01:51 PM

I actually followed the instructions out of the manual, as well as information given to me from The Swedish Brickyard. The pistons are German KS pistons. The only idling during break-in was to allow the engine to warm a little before the tightening of the head bolts the last bit. Of course, the machine shop did not do any boring until after the pistons arrived at their shop. This machine shop has a solid reputation, and build a lot of high horsepower motors. I will stop by there and talk to them about this tomorrow.

I don't have much in the way of smoke, and it is definitely not oil laden. I think that the small amount of smoke I do have is probably due to the fact that the compression was lowered slightly with the thicker, three notch, gasket. I plan on increasing my boost a bit to compensate for that, but I have not gotten the controller or gauge yet (any advice on that?).

As I said in the previous post, or at least alluded to, I was wondering if it could be due to the PCV? A friend of mine has suggested that I delete the PCV, as that was the advice he had gotten from his mechanic, who is a German Master Mechanic from Mercedes Benz.

Phil