View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 06:57 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default Old stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8volvo View Post
Sounds like you're making some progress!

What are your eventual plans for this beast?
That progress is SuperSlow, thanks to a trillion factors at home, PLUS this engine keeps surprising me with newer and newer issues to solve. A true disaster it looked, inside and outside. Probably spent yrs uncovered, or, in parts, or both. idk. I`m multitasking, going through several crucial details but it was the fun fixes only, for now, then will concentrate on others. Getting it safely started as a first step... before making any plans for it. I`m a d24 student lol, and it`s a true project for real. Tricks, tests, observations and the tipical stop-and-go parts-hunting. Also the tools.
Badly, it needs serious cleanups inside and outside. Good news is that All is documented (picts) so one day in future it all jumps into this thread.

I would love something unique when/if it runs ok. Being realistic, it won`t happen any time soon. But i had to get something to wrench on !!! because my wagon is built sooo professionally and runs sooo reliably that I`m not touching things that are not broken. This crappiness `81 is a great risk-free challenge and a lifetime lesson/experience )))
This pict motivates me. Great to see a clean running engine on a fun rustcar, isn`t it? Im eyeballing a similar rust-body at the warehouse... And a WW2 Jeep. I must stfu from now on, till I measured compr. :O)))
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1930_Ford_Model_A_Rat_Rod.jpg (92.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg overlay-4.jpg (77.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg overlay-3.jpg (88.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by RedArrow; 07-04-2020 at 03:03 PM.