View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
Sorry the (relatively) simple injectors R/R job went south on you. I'm trying to imagine how or what kind of hole punch could be used to pull out the injector heat shields.

Another tool you will want (if you do not have it already): 12mm x 1.75 pitch bottoming thread tap. You really want to get those head bolt holes cleaned up well. Spend extra time to get any liquids or other crud out of the bottom of the holes.

Also, cut the tops off of a few of your old head bolts to use as locator posts when lowering the head onto the block. Helps keep the gasket in position.

I think you're describing linked photos hosted on Photobucket, where Botofucket recently demanded ransom to continue displaying linked photos. Looks like you did good by using the Forum's attachment feature.

Hi Ngoma,

It was just a long shafted thinish gauge punch, I was just popping the tip a little through the centre of the washer and applying the tinniest bit of lateral pressure to release, all was going well as i say until the 6th cylinder with the washer being more carbon'd up i applied a tad more pressure and snap, no bend, just snap and a quite a few sweary words, but i've only really got myself to blame, although I could almost guarantee if it been an old school tool made in the West I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have just let go like that, lesson learnt!

I don't have a tap, but have blown them out and ran the old bolts in and out numerous time with a bit of lub, they seem to be good and clear with all bolts bottoming out level, but i might take the advice and grab a tap just to be sure!

I did cut the heads of the old bolts however and angle ground a slot into the tops...

I will continue the write up until the head is back on the car, however you said you might have a photo of the glow plug bussbar rear area, as explained across in another thread, and for anyone else interested, I cut the copper bussbarr behind the pump at plug 5/6, one out of frustration trying to free off number 6 plug from behind the pump, and also as I had a plan to upgrade to new wiring, I used 8AWG single core marine grade cable, which I'll get onto through the thread, however I've managed to somehow misplace a ziptie bag which i stuck the old bar parts into and now can't work out how it attaches up into the glowplug relay wiring, I see a female spade connector, so Im thinking the end of the copper buss had a male spade on the end somehow? also the sensor in the rear of the head (see last photo below)...

'Block with the old head bolts chopped and slotted'
2meekb6.jpg

'The female connector, seems to run back to the glow plug relay, question is how does it engage the bussbar?'
2zhec2c.jpg

And this 'water temp sensor' I thought the water temp sensor was the cabled sensor up front, so what the hell does this connect to, can't see any cables at the rear and can't remember removing any, it;s about the one area that i didnt take a load of photos off unfortunately!
14jlv2v.jpg

Cheers.