View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 02:40 PM

Ok thanks Ngoma, think i'm fairly clear on it all now, I've got a PDF which covers the D24, I heard there was a D24TIC supplement which I never could find, as for tools, short of the ones sat collecting dust in every nearby Volvo dealership, then unfortunately not!

I had read about torque wrenches loosing accuracy at the limits of their range, but it the best option available, I'm no lightweight haha, so should just about get the req'd torque on it with a bit leverage from my trusty breaker/scaffold bar combo, at least it will be a load better than the 15 odd ftlbs it had on it (incidentally the belts were 25,000 miles off requiring a change!!)

That DIY pulley holder is perhaps a bit sturdier than it looks in the photo, that a big old torque wrench its sat beside, so should hopefully do the job, I might have a replica of tool 5201 in mind, I'll sleep on that

Only thing i don't quite get is how I can freely turn over the bottom end, without contacting a valve at some point through its rotation unless it was timed to the cam /attached by the belt, or do you mean i can turn freely off TDC for just that small range I need to lock my tool.

Cheers.