View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 01:04 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Hah, my 245 looked a little like that when I first got it... definitely in need of TLC. Amazing how Volvos hold up though -- even on a car that is pretty beat, a little cleaning up and replacing some parts makes them look pretty good again. I should post some picture updates of mine... hell of a lot better than it was a couple months ago.

Your final product sure does look and sound nice. What did you go with for a radiator? Looks quite different, out of a non-Volvo car of some kind? I like the use of the slim electric fan -- the noise the clutchless mechanical fan makes on a D24 is really a racket and gets in the way of the straight six music. Would be much better without the fan, or with a clutch fan like the D24T. I guess they were pinching pennies with the D24, or maybe there was no room for a clutch... space is pretty tight in there. Assume you left the pulley on there in order for the belt to the PS pump to still have a place to go?

Nice work. Let me know about valve adjustment... any weekend this month is cool for me.