D24T.com

D24T.com (http://d24t.com/index.php)
-   Help! My car died! (http://d24t.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   740 TD doesn't start anymore (http://d24t.com/showthread.php?t=1723)

Pikix 12-15-2016 07:54 AM

740 TD doesn't start anymore

Hi, I just bought a 740 TD who isn't use for 2 years.
When I bought her, she start well and I bring her at home by the road (30 km and she ran very well).

But the next day, impossible to start her and there is a white smoke at the exhaust.

What can be the possible reason ?:confused:

(Sorry for my english :p)

S&W 629 12-15-2016 05:59 PM

Sounds to me that the glow plugs are either not working or not staying on long enough. My Ford F-250 diesel truck has a glow plug relay that does not allow the glow plugs to stay on long enough and it blows white smoke during difficult starts. I turn off the ignition and make glow plug contact several times (turning the ignition switch off and on several times in a row) to start this truck in cold weather and it blows the white smoke until it starts.

ngoma 12-15-2016 10:25 PM

See this sticky

Hard Starting

Report back with what you find.

Pikix 12-17-2016 09:58 PM

I already try to put the ignition several times before to start but no success, start pilot isn't helping to.
I will test every Gp and connect them directly to the battery and we'll see ;)

Pikix 12-19-2016 04:44 AM

Hi
So I test the GP, one is HS, (probably two with the n°6), it should be enough for start but the tension at the plug when warming is under 11v, is that normal ?

I have the impression that my starter doesn't take the speed necessary to start, my battery is new and I check the wire.
From where that could be from ?

Thanks

BluevanACD2005 12-20-2016 08:20 AM

Quote:

at the plug when warming is under 11v, is that normal ?
I would say yes. They draw a lot of current and will drop the voltage a little. You need pretty much all glow plugs working and the engine turning over quickly to expect it to start easily.

-Spenser

ngoma 12-20-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pikix (Post 11559)
I have the impression that my starter doesn't take the speed necessary to start, my battery is new and I check the wire.
From where that could be from ?

Failing starter motor? The original small Hitachi starters do not endure long cranking sessions well.

Pikix 12-22-2016 11:37 AM

It's starting !!! :D Thanks everyone ;)

After a complete cleaning of all starter connection, it's start well except that the solenoid don't disengage for 3 or 4 seconds...

RedArrow 12-22-2016 07:33 PM

Starter issues, oxidizing, wires, etc

I broke teeth on flywheel thanks to a bad stupid starter OR BAD WIRING (?).
Careful with bad connections. LOL. Nice to have it running , right?
Enjoy the forum...and share pictures!

Pikix 12-24-2016 01:19 PM

Hell yeah that's so good :p
Electrical seem to be crappy I don't have ventialtion, my wipers move when I put light, my dashboard's lights isn't working, as the gauge tank... :D
But she run !!!