D24T.com

D24T.com (http://d24t.com/index.php)
-   Parts Suppliers (http://d24t.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Autohaus in Arizona (http://d24t.com/showthread.php?t=178)

Jason 12-10-2009 07:44 PM

Autohaus in Arizona

One of our forum members has delt with this company and had a good experience. They sell injector nozzles for about $10 a piece, the cheapest source I have found anywhere. The nozzles have to be looked up under Audi or Jetta turbo diesel, but they have them. Looked like decent prices on other diesel parts for our cars.

Autohausaz.com

lmwatbullrun 07-10-2010 03:51 AM

tried them-

will advise experience.

TinMan 07-16-2010 08:05 PM

DO NOT buy a water pump for the D24/D24T from AutohausAZ. They have the same pumps listed for the diesel engine as they do for the gas engines. I ordered a bunch of stuff from them, including a Bosch water pump, and they sent me a pump for a B23. When I received the pump and realized it was incorrect I went back and checked the listings for the gas engines and they turned out to be the same pump. The part number they show is some off the wall number (not the Bosch number) so I wasn't able to do a cross reference prior to purchasing.

I emailed customer service, pointed out their mistake, and asked if I could be reimbursed for the return shipping I was going to have to pay to send it back. Two days later I received a generic response which completely ignored my inquiry and told me to request a return authorization number and follow the normal returns process, which for now means I have to foot the bill for their mistake.

I will be giving them a call on Monday to see if they're willing to do anything, so I'll update once I find out what the final outcome will be.

lmwatbullrun 07-18-2010 12:55 PM

auto haus

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmwatbullrun (Post 3228)
will advise experience.

Noticed that they had erroneous listings for oil filters and other engine parts, but did have the right neoprene valve cover gasket for the D24T, and it was shipped very quickly.

lmwatbullrun 07-18-2010 12:58 PM

rockauto has the right water pump, but.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinMan (Post 3273)
DO NOT buy a water pump for the D24/D24T from AutohausAZ. They have the same pumps listed for the diesel engine as they do for the gas engines. I ordered a bunch of stuff from them, including a Bosch water pump, and they sent me a pump for a B23. When I received the pump and realized it was incorrect I went back and checked the listings for the gas engines and they turned out to be the same pump. The part number they show is some off the wall number (not the Bosch number) so I wasn't able to do a cross reference prior to purchasing.

I emailed customer service, pointed out their mistake, and asked if I could be reimbursed for the return shipping I was going to have to pay to send it back. Two days later I received a generic response which completely ignored my inquiry and told me to request a return authorization number and follow the normal returns process, which for now means I have to foot the bill for their mistake.

I will be giving them a call on Monday to see if they're willing to do anything, so I'll update once I find out what the final outcome will be.

.....the Bosch pump is on backorder. Once I order a couple I'll let y'all know they are in....;) they do have a couple of other maker's water pumps. The Cardone are Chinese, but despite my prejudice they seem to be ok so far. Beck/Arnleys are rebuilt VW pumps.

v8volvo 07-18-2010 01:16 PM

RockAuto supplies a good quality Bosch water pump manufactured in Spain. I think that is the best option for getting a good D24 pump in the US.

TinMan 07-18-2010 02:26 PM

I've tried a few times to order a Bosch pump from Rockauto, but every time I try to add it to my cart it says it's not available. I ended up ordering one on Amazon, and it's supposed to ship sometime around mid to late August.

Are the original VW pumps pretty good? If they are, I may just cancel my Bosch order and buy a Beck/Arnley.

Oh, and I did also buy the rubber valve cover gasket from AutohausAZ, and it is in fact the correct one as imwatbullrun stated.

lmwatbullrun 07-20-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinMan (Post 3291)
I've tried a few times to order a Bosch pump from Rockauto, but every time I try to add it to my cart it says it's not available. I ended up ordering one on Amazon, and it's supposed to ship sometime around mid to late August.

Are the original VW pumps pretty good? If they are, I may just cancel my Bosch order and buy a Beck/Arnley.

Oh, and I did also buy the rubber valve cover gasket from AutohausAZ, and it is in fact the correct one as lmwatbullrun stated.

The water pump one I replaced was a VW pump, worn but serviceable at 150K miles; I think that the pump had not been changed in 25 years. Previous owner said he did not change it when he changed the cam timing belt. I'm going to keep it as a last ditch backup.

I have not run the Beck/Arnley rebuilt pump yet so cannot comment. They look ok and seem tight enough, but the proof of that pudding will be running them for a couple years. (I drive a LOT)

If you want a Bosch pump from Rock, call them and tell them and they'll put you on backorder with email notification just like they did for me, I'd bet. Right now I am running the Cardone pump, and it's doing it's job.

Autohaus delivered the rest of my order today, as predicted, and it was correct. So far, so good. What Roch has, they reliably deliver, but they don't have everything I need. AutoHaus seems like a good adder to my list. I'll do more business with them......carefully looking at the catalog numbers and pictures.

TinMan 08-05-2010 05:26 PM

Well, AutohausAZ didn't seem to care that they have the wrong water pump listed for the D24T, so I had to foot the bill for their mistake. It's a shame too, because I was really happy with everything else they did. I'll most likely still buy from them, but only after scouring their listings to make sure they have the correct parts listed for the vehicle I'm working on, and having to do that will probably lead me to shop at other parts suppliers before checking AutohausAZ.