PDA

View Full Version : looking for 740 td parts

morgan1227
01-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new to Volvos and diesels, but I purchased a 85 740TD for my daughter, who will be driving soon. It is definitely a project car, with all the wiring issues, but there is much to like.

Parts are much more hard to come by than I thought, I have been to local junkyards and scoured the web, but a really high % are gassers. Have managed to find most things, but two parts that I can't find (other than at dealers for big $$) are the EGR relay 1362422 and the EGR Vacuum Valve 1257971, along with some other misc parts. Does anyone have parts around from a part out, or know of a scrap yard that has a mid-80s 740 or 760 TD?

thanks
Bill in AZ

ngoma
01-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Welcome!

Seems like a lot of folks remove the EGR stuff. It doesn't age well, and probably never was very effective, even when new. Post a couple of photos of the items and you might find that folks have that stuff laying around, willing to send it out to you.

745 TurboGreasel
02-01-2013, 12:00 AM
LOL $800??? I probably have those. You probably don't need them anyway, all it will do is glue soot to your intake.

Also, does the pic show a turbo pump on an NA car?
http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=1143533&ukey_assembly=234804

morgan1227
02-01-2013, 06:50 AM
By turbo pump, I assume you refer to the vac valve that I am missing. It is part #20 on the drawing, I also need connector #20a and the bracket in front of #20, which does not appear to have a number, but is held in by #21 screw.

As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I'll put one up.

At this point, I haven't tried to start or even put voltage to the car (too many wiring fixes), but my intent was to get it back to factory condition, as it was missing several parts. I figured I needed all the EGR stuff to make the turbo work properly (or for emission inspection), but if I don't need it, that would be fine - how do you bypass it in the vacuum routing?

ngoma
02-01-2013, 07:50 AM
You can remove the hose from the EGR valve (leave the EGR valve bolted up, but inop) follow where the vacuum hose connects to the "live" vacuum system, and plug that. Remove the extra pieces from the top of the IP if you like.