PDA

View Full Version : missing dead cylinder d24.

77volvo245
12-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Im working on a d24 for someone, we readjust the pump timing and did the valve adjustment.

When it came to me the car had tons of power I was very surprised how much power it had. We check the timing on the pump thinking it could have been set to high. We found out it was set way to high can't remember what it was . The valve adjustment was done right afterwards.

We started it up it was missing on clyinder like one of the fuel lines is not tight and leaking. We check everything and all the lines are tight. I used a primer bulb to get all the air out of the system and its not working. The car sat for awhile when the owner bought it and now I'm thinking the pump is messed up.

Any ideas

anders
12-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Is there a chance you got a valve too tight?

ngoma
12-07-2012, 06:32 PM
If it is just one cylinder that is not firing, not likely the problem is in the IP. Delivery valve maybe.

How did you time the IP? If by twisting it, you may have damaged an injector line, which can make that one not fire even though the end connections are tight.

Curioius, which cyl is not firing?

v8volvo
01-04-2013, 11:08 PM
Did you guys get this one figured out? Was it a tight valve?

Slobodan
02-19-2013, 10:06 PM
I loosened the pump drive cog on the back of the cam like a sane person.
This a how I adjust the pump timing. I leave the pump bolts alone. It was Friggen high, something like 1.5mm. I adjusted down to .95mm. And now its not running tops. I guess the owner replaced the injectors with some new knock off ones. But I don't know. I full filled my end of the job. And it is my opinion that either the injectors or LOW compression are the culprit. 77volvo245 I think has yet to do a comp test.