PDA

View Full Version : VW Turbo Diesel Injectors

verdigo
07-12-2012, 07:59 AM
I have finally got my Volvo D24T 245 project up and running. I am still using my tired old D24 injectors. I just happen to have 4 new 1.6TD VW injectors. Im not up on the specs but if I bought two more I would not only have new injectors but possibly a performance improvment? Im also still running my D24 pump till I get my D24T pump rebuilt. Any problems installing these?

Thanks

Dennis

v8volvo
07-12-2012, 09:09 AM
The 1.6TD injectors are a good choice. They have roughly the same spec as the D24T injectors, the main difference being the higher breaking pressure (155 bar vs 130 bar spec) required for the forced induction motors. It will run quite a bit better with the TD injectors, especially under boost. Will be even better still once you get a turbo pump on it too. :cool: But in the meantime, yes, the stock D24 NA pump will work with the TD injectors and will run the motor just fine.

Congrats on getting it on the road! How do you like it so far?

verdigo
07-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Just got back from fueling up after doing my first head retorque. Gotta get a boost guage in this weekend and I really need those injectors.

KKK
09-12-2012, 09:43 AM
1.9vw injectors are better! doesnt know the specifics.

The 1.6vw and the D24 are the same engine with 2 more cylinders, the differnts is the pump, and som more smaller changes.
And the 1.9 vw are the same as 2.5vw! with two more cylinder! :)