PDA

View Full Version : Why you won't see me here that often....

anders
06-08-2012, 05:55 AM
I thought I would share my next build with you fellow diesel folks.. I started a diesel swap on my high school truck. Its a 1988 Chevy S10 4x4 that had the 2.8 v6 and T5 5 spd. I have had several engines in it ranging from a built 2.8 to 450hp small block to the 400hp 4.3 intercooled turbo that I just pulled out to do the diesel. I started a build thread on 4BT swaps if any you want to see. Here is what I'm doing: Dana 44 front and rear, disc brakes all the way around, NV3500 trans, 4BD1T isuzu 3.9L direct injected turbo charged diesel. This engine will have around 200hp and 400 ft lbs when finished. Here are some pics.

v8volvo
06-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Sounds like a big job. Should be a strong runner! Make sure you are ready for the 4BT vibes though.... the only time I have ever dealt with one was in an old bread truck with a 4-speed behind it, and even in that large vehicle it was pretty shaky at idle. Maybe you will be able to adapt some good hydraulic motor mounts or find some way to smooth it out.

What is the latest with that cream-colored 245 now? Still deciding what to do with it?

anders
06-19-2012, 04:56 AM
I'm using the Isuzu 4BD1T diesel. It's much smooother.. I'm not a fan of the cummins 4BT's. I may take a break on this project as I'm waiting for an outfit in Oregon to finish a adapter for the engine.
I might start working on the 245 while I'm not working on my truck. I drive the 245 into town here and there, but it needs a rebuild. Two cylinders were at 250 psi while the other four were at 390. I just got the D24t from Evosteve last night, so if it checks out good I will install it into the 245.