PDA

View Full Version : What can I do to gain some more horses?

arjenT5R
04-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Hi,

I've already did all the fuel pump adjustments including the governor shimming.
Today I installed a mbc and turned the boost up to 1,25 bar.
Last weekend I replaced piston rings, conn rod bearings and head gasket (multi layer metal 3 holes)

Is there anything more that I can gain some horsepowers with or do I need the bigger fuel pump + turbo?

arjen

edit: max fuel screw is already so far in that I am at the edge of runaway.

anders
04-02-2012, 05:08 AM
Larger turbo and head work... I'm not sure on what turbo you folks got over there, but the turbos that came on our D24T were very restrictive on the upper RPM range. The biggest notice in performance for me was going from the stock .42 ar cold/.36 ar hot stocker to a super 60 cold with a .48 hot side and a intercooler. If I were to upgrade the turbo again I would go with a T3/T4 hybrid with TO4E 40 or 50 trim cold side with a .48 or .63 hot side. Jason has a T3/T4 with the 60/63 combo I believe with good results. What is your power goals?

arjenT5R
04-02-2012, 02:23 PM
my power goals... hard to say but I would really like to defeat my friends 2005 V70R with my old smelly smoky diesel :P
Turbo that is on my D24tic at the moment is stock... don't really know any details about it I'll figure it and reply asap.

Jason
04-10-2012, 06:52 PM
A larger turbo will really wake it up.. The stocker really chokes it down at the upper RPMs. Did you grind your fuel pin as well? Also, have you thrown away the stock exhaust and done a larger turbo back setup?

Jason

Jason
04-10-2012, 06:52 PM
What injectors are you running?

Jason