PDA

View Full Version : hello from ireland

m5 sjs
02-22-2012, 11:36 AM
My name is stephen,my car is a volvo 740 estate,it has been in the family from new (1989),the car has been off the road for about 10 years,the engine had overheated,my dad hadn't got around to repairing it,anyway i thought it was too good a car to scrap,no rust anywhere they were really well made cars,i removed the engine and got one from a 940 d24t not a intercooled one,it seems to run ok,i was able to get 6 new bosch injectors,i think they have helped it a bit, i am not sure how much performance these things should have,but i think it should have a bit more power than it has,i replaced both of the timing belts,and changed the oil and filters,my be someone could let me know the easiest way to add some power or torque,i was thinking adding an intercooler, i would rather not mess with the pump,info on these engines is hard to find so this forum is a great place to see how to repair and maintain the d24 engine.There are alot of very interesting builds on here,jason's yellow cat engine d24t is very cool.

Thanks for your time guys

Jason
02-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Hello and welcome...

About the only way to get any more power out of the engine (at least a noticable amount) is to adjust the pump. Take a look in the performance section, I have detailed most all the pump adjustments for more power.

Jason

Conrad
12-09-2012, 06:29 AM
Hello. Sweet, another Irish member. I've just joined myself. Have a 940 (944) TD with the inercooler. Even that is pretty slow but loads of power for towing and not too bad once it gets up to speed.