PDA

View Full Version : Propane...

EvoStevo
09-11-2009, 02:09 PM
What do you all think of using LPG fumigation in diesels? Has anyone on here tried it before?

Jason
09-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Lots of plumbing and kinda dangerous (carrying it in your car). Many guys do it with the bigger trucks trying to make big power, but I think I would do a nitrous setup first before propane.

Jason

cuaz64
09-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Based on info from vwdiesel.net, the propane is not a good idea with the IDI engines due its high compression (23:1)...the best option is nitrous...IMO, the improved turbo and intercooler approarch is best.

EvoStevo
09-16-2009, 12:06 PM
So IDI diesels aren't suited for it? Ok, I probably won't attempt messing with propane then. I thought it'd be nice to have some extra power on tap in case I have to tackle a really steep hill or something. Plus, the option to refill your tank at any Walmart was also attractive. A manual boost controller might be a better solution.

Jason
09-16-2009, 05:27 PM
If your still running stock boost/fueling you are leaving so much power untapped you wouldn't believe it. The difference you will feel just turning the pump up and pushing a few pounds more boost is night and day on these cars.

Jason