PDA

View Full Version : 1984 244 Diesel

Volvoist
01-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Due to some unexpected expenses with our house in Delaware that we have been unable to sell (had to hire a lawyer as there are prior title problems dating back to 4 years before we bought it, and they never showed up on any of the 4 title searches previously done... long story) as well as some big expenses on our PA house that were unexpected, I am looking to sell my beloved 1984 Volvo 244 Diesel sedan. It has 125K ORIGINAL miles. Pictures can be seen here: http://photobucket.com/CecilThe244Diesel. This car has the factory D24 diesel engine. It has a 3 speed BW55 automatic transmission. The engine was rebuilt ~6000 miles ago, and runs great. I just serviced it with Rotella synthetic 5w40, new Mann air filter, Volvo OE fuel filter, transmission service with the correct Type F fluid. I have also completely rebuilt the fuel injection pump using genuine Bosch viton seals, and rebuilt all 6 fuel injectors, again with Bosch parts (nozzles). Car has power windows, locks, and a sunroof as it is the "GL" package. I had 4 brand new Michelin tires installed on 11/5/11 @ 120K. It was originally a Southern car so there is no rust. The body is immaculate as is the interior and undercarriage. Everything in this car works. Drive it anywhere. It is legally registered and insured, and is PA inspected until 11/2012, and I hold the clear PA title in my name. I have been running biodiesel in it with excellent results. It got roughly 33MPG or so on the last tank. I have been driving the car approx. 400 miles per week up until about two weeks ago, now I drive a few hundred miles a week, and since there has been salt on the roads, I mainly drive my truck. I don't want to drive the 244 in the salt if I can avoid it. Again, I am only selling it because some unexpected expenses have come up leaving me both in debt and needing to take care of some other things. It pains me to do so, but it is either the 244 or my truck, and I need my truck. I'd love to see it go to a good home if it sells. If I can sort things out in the meantime, I'll keep it... but it is not looking good at the moment. Located in Westport, PA 17778. $3650.