PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to convert a D24 to a D24T?

D24N/A
09-07-2009, 08:59 PM
I am told that both blocks have oil squirters? I realize there is an angle difference between the motors as well as the Pumps and injectors are slightly different but are the D24 able to handle a little boost (7-10psi)? I have a 83 that needs a little something extra but runs strong on flat ground. Come to a hill and you make no friends behind you.

Thanks, Jason II

MRDART
09-07-2009, 10:51 PM
The D24 Na doesn´t have the oil squirters. But it will for sure handle 10 psi of boost...
Just hook up the turbo and a boos gauge and then turn in the max fuel screw a little bit until you are satisfied... remember Lots of smoke= High egt= pistons melting etc...:D:D

EvoStevo
09-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Yes, it is possible and has been done at least once before. This guy did it last year: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=131057. All he did was take the D24T exhaust manifold, turbo and down pipe and bolt it to the stock D24 block. He had to do some light fab work to get the turbo and down pipe to clear. He also added an intercooler and an oil cooler and messed with the injection pump a bit. Other than that, it's a completely stock D24. I was planning on doing this exact setup until I found out the condition of my engine. Now I'm thinking about just using the D24T block, since it's supposedly made of better metal and has the oil squirters.

D24N/A
09-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Very Nice:) You guys are very helpful:) I am glad I joined this forum.
Thanks everyone.
Jason II