PDA

View Full Version : How long to prime injection pump?

bryancald
07-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Hi,

I've resealed my injection pump and re-installed it on my engine.
I filled the pump with b99 and verified that the shutoff solenoid is clicking.
I have the injector connections at the block threaded on by a few threads.
Should I just have these cracked instead?
How long should it take before I should see fuel leaking at the connections?

Is there anything else I can do to verify proper installation?

Thanks,
Bryan

ngoma
07-25-2011, 11:44 PM
I just went thru this-- it takes some time. Get a good battery charger on the battery. Make sure you have power to the fuel shutoff solenoid. Crack the high pressure lines first at the IP outlets, crank with full throttle until fuel is leaking from the fittings. Then tighten those nuts and crack the high pressure lines at the injectors, crank w/ full throttle until fuel leaks from those fittings. Watch that you don't overheat the starter.

How did you fill the IP? Running a temporary fuel pump to feed the fuel filter inlet can help really fill the IP.

bryancald
07-26-2011, 05:22 AM
I got it yesterday! I filled the IP by removing the banjo fitting from the outlet port on the top of cover. I then used positive tank pressure to force fuel into the pump and lines by using my air compressor at a very low PSI connected to the return line of the pump. The car started pretty fast after this. I learned a lot about the IP by doing this job. It's not as hard as it first seems. I do have to remove the vacuum pump to reinstall the fuel line clamp that goes near the pump manifold. I also might have an issue with the throttle cable wheel assembly. It's about 15 degrees from returning back to the idle stop.

VolvoBro
10-17-2011, 07:12 AM
This!.......