PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Latvia

andrejins
06-09-2011, 02:22 AM
Hi everybody!

I owe 86' VOLVO 760 GLE Turbodiesel. I have this car already for 5 years, The last two I have never driven it, but this year I have decided to renew the car.

As I remember it was a hell of a car. and even without 2 working glowplugs I was able to start it in winter (-30*C). No what I have done already.

Changed all 6 GP. Before starting to change them I Knew that it is not easy to change last two, which actually didn't work when I bought car. But it wasn't as hard as I imagined. I had some problems with 4th and 6th, but I 3h for first time changing GP is good enough.

Timing belts are fine, so this time I didn't change them, but alternator belt has to be changed.

I suppose that in next few months you will be able to see progress on the car.

I promise to put some pictures as well. And I think that it will be in garage section.

Bye for now, on Sunday it will be the day to turn the engine on. And then we will see condition of engine, turbo and other mechanisms car has!

VolvoBro
10-17-2011, 07:06 AM
Have you heard the Latvia jokes before? Hahaha.

tume
10-18-2011, 02:26 AM
Have you heard the Latvia jokes before? Hahaha.

Hi! What kind of jokes?

jbg
01-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Welcome to the forum andrejins,

Good luck on the first start up. Keep us posted on how it goes. Is the diesel fuel in the tank two years old?