PDA

View Full Version : Searching for D24Ts in NW portland, SW Wash.

Slobodan
06-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Running or not, I want them, and I will pay money too. I want them for parts/rebuilding. I have been taught by Chris Bogue and know quite a bit about these engines and am dying to rebuild one when money allows.

jbg
06-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Running or not, I want them, and I will pay money too. I want them for parts/rebuilding. I have been taught by Chris Bogue and know quite a bit about these engines and am dying to rebuild one when money allows.

Forgive me if I am grossly misinformed, but who is Chris Bogue?

Slobodan
06-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Not as well known as Mr. Tom Bryant. Factory trained on the D24, and worked on them for 25 years.

v8volvo
06-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Is Chris the guy everyone used to talk about who was the king of D24s on the west coast? Used to work at an independent shop in the Portland area?

v8volvo
06-17-2009, 12:45 AM
BTW I have two 744 TDs in my neighborhood here in Seattle with owners planning to let them go cheap soon. Both are barely running. The red one can be spotted blocks away by its cloud of black smoke. I can't take both cars so if there's an extra it's yours. They are automatics, one is 157k and the other is 161.

77volvo245
06-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Is Chris the guy everyone used to talk about who was the king of D24s on the west coast? Used to work at an independent shop in the Portland area?

Chris was at Volvo Only with Kevin. Now he is working at MVP in Multnomah Village

Slobodan
06-21-2009, 08:11 AM
BTW I have two 744 TDs in my neighborhood here in Seattle with owners planning to let them go cheap soon. Both are barely running. The red one can be spotted blocks away by its cloud of black smoke. I can't take both cars so if there's an extra it's yours. They are automatics, one is 157k and the other is 161.

Well, As long as I could drive back to Oregon. I'd like to pick one up to fix up. But I can't do that until I get the White 245 diesel I picked up last year fixed up. I can't have too many cars at once either.