PDA

View Full Version : my d24t summer project

tviv
04-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Headed out to the resting grounds of my brothers 80 d24 that we blew up last year while we were messing around at some gravel pits. Decided to get out there to scavenge some parts. Got myself a n/a intake manafold and n/a cam and decided to take the injection pump aswell. Here's some pictures of today where we discovered the car scattered with bullet holes, and everything under the hood was still good. We backed up my brothers truck, hooked a chain to the motor mounts tried to rip the motor out in one piece, but ended up breaking the mounts and riping the car out of its hole by the motor and the transmission mounts. Then we decided to tip er on its side for easy access. I'll get some pictures of my 84 d24t when i pick it up this weekend coming up.

Jason
04-19-2011, 05:20 AM
Nice! The NA manifold is a nice upgrade. The jury is still out on the cam though. I haven't done any measurements on my stock TD cam to compair with. I had a noticable increase in low end torque and driveability with the NA manifold though. I don't think I would bother to take everything apart to install the NA cam unless you had to have the belts off anyway. Its just not that huge of a difference, but more like every little bit will help... Keep us posted!

Jason

tviv
04-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Ya i have been reading about the NA manidold and that it gives a nice boost in lowend torque, I also have read about the cam and that it doesnt make that big of a difference but ill keep it and try it out someday. im going to get the car this weekend finaly!!!!! i cant wait to get it back up to thompson 8 hours north of winnipeg where im living right now so i can start working on it! ill get some good pics up asap

Jason
04-20-2011, 06:12 AM
8 hours north of winnipeg?? How cold is it up there?? Hope you have heated seats!

Jason

tviv
04-20-2011, 09:27 AM
in mid winter it gets to -50c right now its about +5c. we can still drive on the lakes to go ice fishing lol

Jason
04-21-2011, 05:59 AM
Wow thats gotta make it hard to work on stuff, I'm assuming you have a heated garage. What are summer time temps like way up there?

Jason

tviv
04-21-2011, 09:43 AM
im a tech at gm up here,so i just use the shop anytime i want. summer is super nice it'll get to 25c but the summer is short. im moving back to winnipeg this summer though way better there lol,thompson sucks!