PDA

View Full Version : hey from the canadian north

tviv
04-07-2011, 03:22 PM
hey my names taylor im 20 years old and i just got my frist volvo d24t. its been sittin out side my grandpas shop(adams bros auto its a little volvo specialty shop) for who knows how long, i think a year and a half.its in pretty good shape, im going to go pick it up on april long weekend and ill post up some pics for y'all to see. i plan on doing quite a bit to it,but the first thing is an exhaust is a 3" down to 4" back good? anyways i look forward to being part of the form!

Jason
04-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Hey and welcome... If your running the stock turbo, a 2.5" turbo back exhaust is plenty, the larger you go, the louder it gets. If you want it that way, step it up to a 3"/4" system, it will sound like a dump truck. If you think your going to upgrade to a larger turbo it wouldn't hurt to do a 3" downpipe in the first place, you can always modify it slightly with a different flange or whatever if you change turbos down the road.

Jason

tviv
04-08-2011, 05:00 PM
well i want it to sound like a cummins with a 6" exhaust lol. and ya i am planing on running a bigger turbo some day so i think im gonna go with A 3"to 4". i havent even got the car to my house and ive already ordered boost EGT and oil temp gauges and the A piller tripple pod from ipd.

Jason
04-09-2011, 04:09 AM
Haha you sound like me... I'm about to install a muffler on my car. Its gotten so loud with the new engine you cant hear the radio or even talk over it when your accelerating. I just installed a trailer hitch so I could tow stuff around, and after dragging my flatbed about 30 miles I was almost deaf. They sound great, but the problem is unlike a cummins truck for example, the tailpipe is alot closer to your ear! (and mine is all the way out over the axle even!) If you want crazy loud, do a 3" down pipe and step to 4" right as it goes straight down the car, and do a side pipe. Bring your ear plugs!

Jason

tviv
04-09-2011, 09:34 AM
haha well ill learn the hard way i guess... and ya i was gonna go all the way back behind the wheel like yours. i saw that video of you racing that cummins,is that a power stroke tip you got on there now?

Jason
04-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Ha, yup good eye... I used the over the axle pipe and dual tip off my '08 Powerstroke. Something different rather than the single 5" tip I had. I think I'm going to replace the angle cut tips of the tail pipe with chrome, I just gotta get a chunk of 4" chrome pipe or smoke stack to use.

Jason

mad_cow
07-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Oh, Canadian north, which province?

michaelovitch
07-08-2012, 03:46 AM
Hi !

any pics ?