PDA

View Full Version : 84 - Volvo - D24 thermostat, air, oil, and fuel filter suitable part numbers

SRHeer
01-17-2011, 05:58 PM
I will be getting this 84 D24 running again and want to replace the oil - fuel - and air filters along with its thermostat - and I am wondering if anyone has the VW part numbers for these items and or any other numbers with part brand names - thanks
Filters
Air
Oil
Fuel
Thermostat?

casioqv
01-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Why do you need the VW part #s? Any European car parts shop or store can order you the OEM German brand maintenance items (MANN, MAHLE, etc.) and can look them up for you. I usually order my parts over the phone from Halsey Import Parts in Portland, OR. They usually have the cheapest prices anywhere, and no sales tax. You can also get them online somewhere like bimmerparts.com or partsgeek.com.

SRHeer
01-18-2011, 09:11 AM
OK - right - sometimes in the past with VWs I have used the VW part number to cross reference it over in making sure I get the correct application part and since these are a bit of a rare breed I did not know if stores like Car Quest with World Pack and Napa and BapGeon would have

casioqv
01-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Normal auto parts chains like Car Quest and Napa will be able to get the parts, but they'll be potentially lower quality aftermarket brands. Any European parts place that orders from WorldPac or IMC should have the OEM german brands.

For reference the OEM brands are Mann (air and oil filters), Bosch (fuel filter), and Wahler (thermostat).