PDA

View Full Version : 1986 740 Turbo Diesel Sedan

reed
08-13-2009, 03:39 AM
1986 740 Turbo Diesel Sedan. First off I am have been working for Volvo for over 15 years. I am the shop Foreman and Expert rated tech at a Volvo dealer. All the recent work was all done by me with OEM Volvo parts the only aftermarket parts used were ones that are no longer available.

ALL PARTS FROM VOLVO
Motor:
New head gasket, bolts (steel head gasket)
Valve stem seals
glow plugs
coolant orings in head
valves adjusted (when head gasket replaced then checked in 1000 miles)
v/c gasket
exhaust gaskets
intake gaskets
timing belts
water pump
thermostat
idler pulley (nla from Volvo aftermarket)
Front crank seal
cam seals
Fuel Filter
Air filter
Rotela 5w40 synthetic
Motor mounts

Cooling system:
Radiator
ALL Coolant hoses
heater hoses
radiator upper and lower
hoses to injection pump
hoses to oil cooler

Transmission: AT ZFHP22
Filter
pan gasket
tail shaft seal
shifter bushings all 4
fluid flush
Trans mount

Suspension:
Strut rod bushing (not cheap aftermarket)

I changed the diff oil, and flushed brake fluid. New rear brake pads(OEM Volvo) I installed a n/a cam while doing all the work. Set pump timing. Everything is right on the car and runs great. I am probably forgetting to list a lot of other things that were replaced. It is silver with black interior. Interior is in good condition. The silver paint is faded normal with age. Everything is original. I have never run bio diesel or wvo in this car. When I did all the work everything that needed to be replaced was. I installed 17" 850R wheels with the IPD spacers. It looks good. I had the wheels refinished. I will add a picture when it stops raining here. The price $3,000. I you live near by come and drive it or I may be willing to drive and meet someone. The car starts perfect. Cruise control. Everything works. Cold A/C. I drove it to the beach this summer, set the at 80mph and it drove great. Added volt gauge to cluster and a piller boost gauge. Located in Coumbia, SC
http://i50.tinypic.com/2u41yts.jpg

reed
11-18-2009, 07:40 AM
I will be adding pics soon. I want to sell it so I dont spend any money on it like intercooler, exhaust, turbo etc. I dont need any more cars I have too many. The longer I have it the more I will do to it.

IceV_760
11-18-2009, 07:45 AM
One question.. Is that price real, 3000$?
In finland that would cost something like 4000-5000$,
that sounds like free car.

reed
11-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Thats it I want it gone. I have done a lot to this car it runs great.

reed
11-19-2009, 05:48 AM
let me know if anyone needs more pics

Sweedspeed18
02-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Volans and Black interior FTW.