PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Volvoist
12-08-2010, 05:50 AM
Hello, I am a new member of the D24T.com board, but not new to D24/D24T's. I live in the Wilmington, Delaware area but also have a home in Westport, Pennsylvania where we are moving to full time shortly. I have owned at least 15 diesel powered Volvo in the past 7 years or so, both 200's and 700's, sedans and wagons. I also have owned countless Volvos, mainly 200 series in that time as well. I drive an 87 245 5 speed that my inlaws bought new and I have an 83 242. My current D24 project is an '82 244 diesel that I picked up not running in Richmond from a friend. Seems that it had some sort of homebrew biodiesel in it. One day it would not start (I suspect the glow plug relay which I have since cleaned and fixed), and the tank is a mess now as is the pump. I have it apart and will replace the timing belts this weekend and re-seal a known good pump that has been in storage for 15+ years. I also have a good used tank to swap in. I am also buying Eli's '82 245 diesel and plan to get that running as well and give that to my wife to drive. Are there any members that live close by me?

Jason
12-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Hello and welcome, another east coaster to add to the list... It has been getting a little lop-sided to the west coast and PNW. Still not much out here in the midwest besides Alex and myself though...

Jason

Volvoist
12-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Wow, really? I thought there were quite a few midwest D24/D24T owners. I'm surprised more are not on here. I have a friend that lives somewhere in Missouri and he had quite a few diesel Volvo's, one of which is my old, and first, '80 264 D24. I need to get him to join the list too, haha.

Jason
12-08-2010, 09:27 AM
There are next to non. There is a guy who came up and got my old ZF22 auto that is a member of the d24 mailing list, he lives somewhere in central MO. Seems that most of the diesels were sold to the east and west coasts in the first place. It took me a little over a year of searching to find one for sale that was within a reasonable driving distance. (Resonable to me was within a days travel time round trip). I have never seen another volvo diesel on the road around my area ever!

Jason

Volvoist
12-08-2010, 10:40 AM
What was the guys name in MO? I think I know who it is...
I have only seen 2 or 3 Volvo diesels on the road other than mine and other than ones that are owned by friends of mine, in the 7 years or so that I have been into them, haha!