PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Core injection pump for 86 TD , auto trans

RLDSL
11-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Wanted, I'm looking to buy a rebuildable core injection pump for an '86 with an auto trans.
an 86 pump has all the extra emission control fittings on it and the auto trans shutoff lever. ( before I bought my car a number of years ago, a PO had swapped in an earlier model pump for a manual trans, and when it folded, I really didn't want to rebuild that pump since it's not the right one, but I'd like to get this thing back on the road) I might even go for an earlier pump if I can't find one for the 86 as long as it has teh auto trans shutoff lever. A recently rebuilt pump would be acceptable, but if it doesn't have a receipt from a Bosch certified pump shop within a fairly recent time period, I consider any pump , running or not, to be nothing more than a rebuildable core. Sorry, but I've been dealing with diesels too long to think otherwise.
Thanks-----Robert

v8volvo
11-06-2010, 08:19 PM
I have a good core pump off an '85 744 TD automatic. It has the shut-off lever, the altitude compensation solenoid, and all the EGR control stuff on the throttle lever that the late '85 and '86 cars had (though you really should disable the EGR anyway to prevent intake plugging...). It may even be a good running pump, but it's been sitting for a while so I would rebuild it if you have the funds rather than just slapping it on. It might work, it might not. I may be interested in selling it, since I don't have use for it... Send me a PM if you're interested.

RLDSL
11-06-2010, 09:47 PM
I have a good core pump off an '85 744 TD automatic. It has the shut-off lever, the altitude compensation solenoid, and all the EGR control stuff on the throttle lever that the late '85 and '86 cars had (though you really should disable the EGR anyway to prevent intake plugging...). It may even be a good running pump, but it's been sitting for a while so I would rebuild it if you have the funds rather than just slapping it on. It might work, it might not. I may be interested in selling it, since I don't have use for it... Send me a PM if you're interested.

PM sent. Most definately interested .